Conserving energy is an important decision for many homeowners in today’s real estate market. North Carolina has some great programs to offer financial and tax incentives that can help.
Below is a list of some of the most popular North Carolina Incentives and Policies for Renewables and Efficiency.
- Local Rebate Program
- Town of Chapel Hill – Worthwhile Investments Save Energy (WISE) Homes and Buildings Program
- Performance-Based Incentives
- SunSense Commercial PV Incentive Program
PROPERTY TAX CREDIT
- Renewable Energy Tax Credit (Personal)
PROPERTY TAX INCENTIVE
- Active Solar Heating and Cooling Systems Exemption
- Property Tax Abatement for Solar Electric Systems
SALES TAX INCENTIVE
- Sales Tax Holiday for Energy-Efficient Applianes
STATE REBATE PROGRAM
- NC Plus Program for Energy Star Homes
- SystemVision Energy Guarantee Program
UTILITY RATE DISCOUNT
- Duke Energy (Electric) – Energy Star Homes Rate Discount Program
- Progress Energy Carolinas – Rate Discount for Energy Star Homes
- PSNC Energy (Gas) – Green Building Rate Discount
UTILITY REBATE PROGRAM
- Duke Energy (Electric) – Residential and Builder Energy Efficiency Rebate Program
- Progress Energy Carolinas – Residential Energy Efficiency Rebate Program
I hope you found this rebate and incentives information helpful.